Optical Support are Hiring!
Optical Support are the leading Steadicam and lens specialists in the UK, offering a first class professional lens repair service facility. We support lenses for all HD and film formats for motion picture lenses.
We are looking for a Lens Engineer with experience of camera lenses or other complex electro-mechanical devices to join our optical team. Training will be provided.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Diagnose, repair and test all lens functions to manufacturers specifications.
- Provide estimates for repair and service.
- Maintain a detailed customer repair record.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers face-to-face and via telephone and email.
- Keep a suitable stock of spare parts.
- Maintain Optical Support’s rental stock.
What we offer:
- Detailed repair experience of camera lenses, or similarly complex equipment
- Background in engineering
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational skills
- Computer literate
- Good telephone manner
- Written communication skills
This role is perfect for anyone looking to join a small and progressive company specialising in a number of aspects of the film industry. Candidates who would like to continue their career with lenses and optics or have previous applicable experience are welcome to apply. Candidates with experience of complex electro-mechanical devices will also be considered for the position. The salary will reflect your level of experience in the field.
To apply, email email@example.com or call 020 7281 0999 for more information.
Back to the blog
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Working from our studio in North London
- Extensive training